Pet Protection Policy
A welcoming and safe environment is paramount to all of our residents. To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies (No Pet and Animal Policy / Pet Policy / Animal Policy) we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please review the property listing to determine if the home you are interested in allows pets. Property owners are allowed to set their own pet policies. Penny Realty/Owner are not obligated to accept any tenant with pets. Service/comfort animals are exempt from this. All tenants must register with our third-party pet screening service, PennyRealty.Petscreening.com regardless if tenant does not have a pet or has a pet/service animal.
There is no cost for No Pet or Verified Service and/or Comfort Animals.
A Pet Profile is a simple and secure digital tool that allows you to sort and manage your pet’s information all in one place. It includes: pet photos, vaccination records, microchip information and behavioral traits. There is a special section for assistance animals.
A Pet Profile makes it easy to share this information with all of your pet’s service providers including; veterinarians, groomers, doggie day cares, pet sitters, and animal hospitals.
Applicants are required to complete a pet screening for each of their pets or service/companion animals prior to final application approval. Pet screenings are $20 for the first pet and $15 for additional pets paid directly to the third-party service. Verified service/support animal registration is free.
- All pets must be properly licensed, have shots required by statute, and be spayed or neutered. Please be prepared to show documentation.
- Breeds with an aggressive behavior nature are prohibited.
- Some properties have restrictions on the number of pets and/or the size of the pet. Please check with the property listing for specific details.
- Be prepared to provide a picture of your pet and vaccination records.
- A monthly risk management fee will be charged for each pet. The amount of the fee will vary depending on the screening score of the pet. See chart below for additional information.
Penny Realty shall charge the tenant the following initial processing fee and monthly fee for each pet with the following “paw” score from PennyRealty.Petscreening.com:
|“Paw” Score||Monthly Pet Fee||Initial Processing Fee|
Your Pet Profile is automatically shared with Penny Realty.
START YOUR PET SCREENING