Would you like to maximize your Rental Income?
Would you like to find the highest quality tenant
….If you answered “Yes” to the above questions, then
it is in your best interest to have your property in Rent
What does “Rent Ready Condition” Mean?
Penny Realty, Inc. is committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the California Warranty of Habitability (California Civil Code 1941.1), California judicial law, and Penny Realty, Inc. standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property. Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors, locks, keyless entry, fobs, mailboxes, garage doors and openers all functioning properly (Including Sliding Glass Doors and Garage Doors).
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition (including sliding screen doors).
- Yards/Landscaping must be clean and presentable.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’ standards
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh (no noticeable stains, blemishes, holes, or burns).
- All walls in home must be free of nails, holes, stickers, blemishes (patched and painted).
- Interior painted surfaces should be neutral in color, with kitchen and bathrooms in semi-gloss paint. For custom paint color Owner will need to provide type, brand and color of paint, or extra cans of paint with visible description on can required.
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner. (Includes: trim, doors, baseboards and ceilings).
- All bedroom windows that have vertical or mini-blinds must be in good working order with no missing or broken pieces.
- No personal property or items left in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, cleaning products, trash, etc. **Patio furniture, washer and dryers, microwaves (not built in), barstools, BBQs, TV mounts, etc., can be left as a “convenience” (Owner will not repair or replace), but must be in good working condition. If the Tenant does not want these items, Owner must remove.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept. Paint cans, extra home materials stored away
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed, Landscaping fresh and clean.
- CO detectors installed outside of the kitchen and 1 on each floor, including basements. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- All light bulbs working (interior/exterior)
- Ceiling Fans and Remotes working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas/electric fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material
- Pools and Jacuzzi’s must be clean and have a maintenance schedule already in place. Owner to pay for weekly pool cleaning and maintenance service. Safety fence or door alarms on any entrance to the pool or jacuzzi area are required by law.
- No draperies on windows, should replace with blinds/shades.
- Sliding doors should have Vertical blinds.
- Owners should provide scheduled landscaping service, for the entire property.
**This list is not meant to cover each and every make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.